January 23, 2013 – Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, presented by Chase Sapphire Preferred, announces culinary talents including Gordon Ramsay, Nobu Matsuhisa, Joël Robuchon, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, François Payard, Guy Savoy, Hubert Keller, Michael Mina, Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger for the seventh year of the Las Vegas-based international food festival. Tickets for the majority of events go on sale at noon EST today at VegasUncorked.com
“Vegas Uncork’d has everything that’s great about Las Vegas – incredible chefs, amazing food, and luxury resorts. It’s four days packed with intimate dinners, luncheons, wine and food tastings, cooking demonstrations and more. In its seventh year, it is the weekend for food lovers,” said Adam Rapoport, Bon Appétit editor in chief.
“Las Vegas has redefined the culinary and wine experience by offering the most comprehensive collection of celebrity chefs, world-class restaurants and more master sommeliers than any other place in the world,” said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit showcases Las Vegas as a top epicurean destination, and allows us to provide an intimate connection with legendary chefs and their delectable creations.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred, a premium rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining, is the presenting sponsor of this year’s Vegas Uncork’d. Chase Sapphire cardholders will enjoy reserved tickets to coveted Vegas Uncork’d events and have exclusive access to interactive experiences with chefs, including an intimate brunch and Spanish wine pairing with chef Julian Serrano.
New and notable events this year include:
· Vegas Uncork’d Kick-Off Party at Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub at MGM Grand, Thursday, May 9: Explore Las Vegas’ newest and hottest fine dining and nightclub venue at the official Vegas Uncork’d kick-off party, complete with mouthwatering bites and signature libations from Michelin-starred Chef Ho and his talented team.
· Joël Robuchon Cooking & Wine Demo, Friday, May 10: Named France’s Chef of the Century by the esteemed Gault Millau restaurant guide and the most starred chef in the world, Joël Robuchon hosts the perfect brunch at MGM Grand with a one-of-a-kind cooking demonstration and wine pairings by the master of French fare himself.
· Tea Time, Friday, May 10: Enjoy Mandalay Bay’s take on afternoon tea while soaking up panoramic views of Mandalay Bay Beach. Chef Charlie Palmer, his Aureole team and Mandalay Bay pastry chefs will charm the crowd with freshly brewed gourmet teas, savory snacks and bite-size desserts.
· Master Series Luncheon: Farm Fresh to Tempting Table with Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Saturday, May 11: World-renowned Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten gets down to the roots of cooking with an impressive menu of farm-fresh dishes accompanied by flavorful libations at Bellagio.
· The Beer Garden, Saturday, May 11: Join acclaimed chef Hubert Keller, Chef Laurent Pillard, and certified cicerone Sarah Johnson for an Authentic Beer Garden at Mandalay Bay complete with an Alsatian Brasserie menu, remarkable beer selection and live music to set the stage.
· Bellagio’s Block Party: Cured, Smoked, Braised, Grilled and Toasted, Saturday, May 11: Chef Michael Mina hosts this party-perfect food affair, presenting cuisine from an all-star cast of chefs including Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Todd English, Julian Serrano and Akira Back. Guests can also let loose and dance to live music while enjoying craft beers, sake, wine and spirits.
Returning favorites include:
· Master Series Dinners, Thursday, May 9: Dine alongside some of the world’s most acclaimed chefs with this one-of-a-kind series at Caesars Palace. Returning Masters Guy Savoy, François Payard and the Pellegrino family from Rao’s return this year. Additional details on dinners featuring Caesars Palace premier chefs, Bobby Flay, Nobu Matsuhisa and Gordon Ramsay are soon to be announced.
· Grand Tasting, Friday, May 10: Enjoy a variety of signature dishes prepared by more than 50 award-winning chefs including Gordon Ramsay and Nobu Matsuhisa, as well as more than 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world at the Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace.
· Too Hot Tamales Live Demonstration, Friday, May 10: Back by popular demand, Mandalay Bay’s Border Grill chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger host an interactive demonstration and tequila pairing.
· Pastry Savvy with François Payard, Saturday, May 11: Join world-renowned Pastry Chef François Payard in a personal and intimate gathering as he reveals his techniques and secrets in creating the freshest, most fantastic pastries.
To book your Vegas Uncork’d air packages and hotels, visit www.LasVegas.com
ABOUT BON APPÉTIT
Food is culture and Bon Appétit is where food and culture intersect in your life. Bon Appétit, in all its formats (print, digital, products, events) delivers not just recipes, tips, and techniques, but a world of lush travel, high-gloss entertaining, and up-to-the-minute restaurant coverage. It’s a visually arresting publication, driven by excellent photography, clean graphics, and headlines that pop. And notable faces, too: Each issue features of-the-moment tastemakers, from chefs and restaurateurs to fashion designers and celebrities. All of these elements combine to make Bon Appétit the largest epicurean magazine in America with the most affluent readership.
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With 151,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and 10.6 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA’s mission centers on attracting ever increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area.
For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.LasVegas.com
ABOUT CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a premier travel rewards card for people who are passionate about travel and dining. Chase Sapphire Preferred offers premium travel rewards and benefits with no travel restrictions or blackout dates on airfare booked through Ultimate Rewards, double points for every dollar spent on dining and travel, no foreign transaction fees, 24/7 live customer service and access to unique experiences such as Vegas Uncork’d. More information is available at ChaseSapphire.com